WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE NOW A…
YES! We are officially the first veterinary hospital in North Florida to become a Fear Free Certified Practice, and the only one in St. Johns County. All of our staff, from Dr. Nieves, our Patient Care Coordinator, our Certified Veterinary Technician, to our Hospital Director, is a Fear Free Certified Professionals.
What does this all mean to you and your pet?
A trip to the vet shouldn’t be an experience that fills your pet with fear. In fact, the last thing we want is for your pet to fear the one place that is fully committed to ensuring they live a happy and healthy life! Our mission is to make coming to the vet a happy and stress-free experience for the whole family and we do this through a series of steps-from your home to the car to your visit and your trip home again.
We think the Fear Free certification program says it best: “Fear Free visits eliminate fear, anxiety and stress, and create an experience that is better and safer for all involved, including pets, owners and veterinary health care teams.”
Here are a few things we are dedicated to for a Fear Free Visit:
- Reducing or removing anxiety triggers that can cause pets to become fearful at home, in transport or at the hospital.
- Helping clients deliver calm pets to our hospital.
- Enhancing the quality of medicine in our practice.
- Improving safety for our amazing veterinary team.
We’re happy to answer any questions!
You can find more info on our website: https://delmarvethospital.com/fear-free/
CHECK US OUT! THIS IS WHAT WE DO…
FEAR FREE – Not only does it help you practice better medicine, look out for pets emotional well-being, build team culture, increase bottom lines, create a safer workplace, and provide master class customer service…but the simple experience of watching patients leave your practice happy and feeling like their friend again will remind you why you went into this profession in the first place ❤️
Fear Free – Not only does it help you practice better medicine, look out for pets emotional wellbeing, build team culture, increase bottom lines, create a safer workplace, and provide master class customer service…but the simple experience of watching patients leave your practice happy and feeling like their friend again will remind you why you went into this profession in the first place ❤️
Posted by Fear Free Pets on Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Class IV Cold Laser Therapy (for Small & Large Animal). Multiple session packages are available. For more information, click HERE.
- In-Home Pet Euthanasia. For more information, click HERE
Courtesy of fearfreepets.org, avma.org & aaha.org
In FEBRUARY, we celebrate:
Pet Dental Health Month
Dog Training Education Month
National Cat Health Month
Responsible Pet Owners Month
Spay / Neuter Awareness Month (AKA Beat the Heat Month)
Black History Month
American Heart Month
Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
• February 1: National Freedom Day (US) – Lincoln signed the resolution for the US Constitution’s 13th amendment in order to abolish slavery.
• February 2: Groundhog & Hedgehog Day | World Wetlands Day
• February 4: Rosa Parks Day | World Cancer Day
• February 5: National Wear Red Day (Heart Disease in Women)
• February 7-14: Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week
• February 9: National Pizza Day
• February 12: Darwin Day
• February 13: World Radio Day
• February 14: Pet Theft Awareness Day | Valentine’s Day |World Bonobo Day
• February 15: President’s Day (US)
• February 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day
• February 20: Love Your Pet Day | World Whale Day | World Day of Social Justice
• February 21: International Mother Language Day
• February 22: National Walk Your Dog Day
• February 22-28: National Eating Awareness Disorder Week
• February 23: International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day | World Spay Day!
• February 25: Digital Learning Day
• February 27: International Polar Bear Day
• February 28: Rare Disease Day
Del Mar recognizes the following six (6) holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We might be open some of these days, so always give us a call to confirm if we would be able to assist you.
YES! We are AAHA Accredited because we only want the best for you.
AAHA Accreditation – Our hospital was evaluated on approximately 900 rigorous veterinary standards of excellence. Thanks to our amazing team, we are proud to be among the top AAHA-Accredited hospitals in the United States and Canada.
AAHA-accredited hospitals are recognized among the finest in the industry and are consistently at the forefront of advanced veterinary medicine. The Standards of Accreditation are continuously reviewed and updated to keep our accredited practices on the cutting edge of veterinary excellence. AAHA standards address patient care and pain management, surgery, pharmacy, laboratory, exam facilities, medical records, cleanliness, emergency services, dental care, diagnostic imaging, anesthesiology, and continuing education.